Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Wearing: Army green

And, I'm back.

Summer has sort of slipped away and aside from typical excuses for my absence (photographer was out of town, lack of time, lack of patience), well - I'm gonna say it - I didn't really feel like blogging. Life was happening and I was living it; not pausing for an outfit post in front of my beloved brick wall.

So after my six-week hiatus, I learned something. This blog needs to work for me. Not the other way around. And interestingly enough, in these six weeks my style has evolved a bit. I cherish simplicity. Basics are my best friends and uncomplicated clothes are fun to me. Less trendy, more classic. Okay, sometimes a little trendy.

I now own a Joie tee and thanks to my friend Anj, I pronounce the brand correctly. It's Jo-wah, soft j. I practically live in these jorts and these Sam Edelmans. Oh, and outerwear. Because apparently Chicago forgot how to do summer.


Jacket: Gap (similar here and here)
Shorts: Gap (out of stock, similar)
Sandals: Sam Edelman
Sunglasses: Karen Walker

1 comment:

  1. I love the jacket, nice outfit, looks super comfy and cute. :) xx

    www.ninainthespring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete