Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Wearing: Some swing

Oh hey there vintage coat for twenty dollars. Aren't you pretty with your big collar, sweet buttons and light lavender but gray but perfect color.

Before I talk about the open heart surgery I performed, I want to first state the obvious in that I simply can't get over the movement of this coat. Swing!

Anyway. With some major shoulder pads happening in the upper left and right regions, I had to get out my drug store sewing kit and remove the madness. And by madness I mean massive, diaper sized shoulder pads that added about three inches to my torso. Cut to five minutes later and the silhouette is now simple, modern and chic. Free of any pads.


Coat: Vintage (love this)
Jeans: Cheap Monday (similar)
Booties: Lucky Brand
Sunglasses: Free People (similar)

5 comments:

  1. Loving your style babe! :)
    Great blog, check out mine?

    http://therubberdoll.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This coat is sick! NEVER get rid of it. I will gladly take it off your hands when you are done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your coat and your boots!
    http://totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always love a nice swing coat - so classic & chic! great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that coat is GORGEOUS! and i am vehemently anti-shoulder pads, so i'm glad they've left the building!


    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete