Monday, September 17, 2012

Wearing: Leather skirt

Saturday night I went to a cool restaurant previewing for Carriage House in Wicker Park. The menu is inspired by the chef's childhood in South Carolina - elevated comfort food with hints of Cajun and Creole flavors. We indulged on things like cornbread and foie gras butter, juicy pork shoulder, fried chicken, and crab soup. Dessert was an incredible gingerbread cobbler and their already talked about Old Fashioned. Plus, the decor is stunning. Carriage House is set to open soon (1700 W. Division) and I highly recommend checking it out.

Anyway, on to the clothes. If you can't tell, I'm crushing hard on dark red (see lipstick, manicure and clutch). I actually revolved this outfit around my lipstick choice, Mac's Viva Glam 1. Just a simple black fitted tee and a great leather skirt that has the perfect amount of flounce.


Black top: Forever21
Leather skirt: Forever 21 (similar)
Clutch: Vintage (similar - and with a tassel!)
Shoes: Dolce Vita (love these)
Bangle: Kate Spade (similar)
Ring: From my sister


4 comments:

  1. 1st - That restaurant sounds yummy; restaurant previews are the shit.

    2nd - Love, love, love this simple look, especially the matching lipstick & clutch. I have this same skirt, so I think I can actually copy this with pretty good accuracy. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so stylish.
    i love the color of your lipstick.

    xo

    asteria-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning. I just can't get over that hair.

    ReplyDelete