Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wearing: Shorts to work

I work in a place where suits are scarce, but that doesn't mean appropriate office wear is completely off the table. So while weekday shorts are a piece I hesitate to wear, I figure these are acceptable. Suit shorts. Made of suit fabric.

The real story is about this striped top. During an exciting shopping trip with my mom, the queen of a good bargain, we spotted this beautifully boat necked tee shirt with an unrivaled stripe. You know, the perfect tone of creamy white and black, the stripes at the ideal width, the sleeves that leave room for a brilliant arm party. The shirt your wardrobe just can't live without. The last one in my size was in the hands of not me, but another girl. A girl who had no idea how weird her afternoon was going to get.

Being the dedicated fashion slaves that we are, even for a ten dollar top, casually following her until she set the stripey dream down (or, gasp, bought it) quickly turned into something else. Stalking her dressing room. Following her to the cash register. Awkwardly complimenting her style. Heavily convincing her to give it to me. I won't take the credit, my mom was doing most of the embarrassing grunt work. I was lurking in the corner pretending to rifle through clothes. Sunglasses on.

In the end, this girl was an absolute angel and she graciously handed it over. Talk about shopping karma.

Striped tee: Forever 21
Shorts: Old (similar)
Sandals: Colin Stuart with Victoria's Secret (similar)
Bag: Zara (love this one)

4 comments:

  1. You look great, I love the pairing of fancy shorts and a casual top.

    xx,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could wear shorts to work! Such a great outfit!

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    Rachel’s Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That was bold. As are the shorts at work. However, if I did it appropriately with suiting shorts, I could pull it off at my office, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shorts and those strappy sandals!
    xo
    lovelyaddictions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete